Saturday, January 30, 2010

Things to Do in Winter- Go Somewhere Warm


Last night was one of the coldest of the year. I'm always worrying about the greenhouse and its contents but after much fretting on my part, it survived the -19c temperature.
This seemed like a good time to post a completely escapist sentiment about winter--Get out of town! Here is a picture taken in St. Lucia earlier this month of the view from Jade Mountain.
No, I wasn't actually staying at this hotel ( voted the third best in the world and first in the Caribbean), but rather I was touring one of the luxury suites. This was arranged by David who is the Head Gardener and Manager of the Organic Farm owned by the hotel.

7 comments:

Helen said...

The only comment I can leave for this is the sound of my sighing...

Barry Parker said...

I still find myself sighing.

James Missier said...

I wonder if I can say the same thing when it get very hot in my place (Go somewhere cold?)

lili11 said...

Sounds like you've been to many places before. I love going places ...

Barry Parker said...

Well James- It sounds like another case of "the grass is always greener....."

Barry Parker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barry Parker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.