Thursday, April 22, 2010

Plant Sales


Sales table ready for my Open Garden.



Sedum, Jeffersonia and ginger.



Fritallria meleagris, ferns and digitalis.



As I was putting together the sales table for my Open Garden, I wondered how many others are getting ready for similar events, how many divisions are being potted up and how many Venetian Blinds are being transformed into plant labels,
In the Toronto area alone there are three major Plant Sales in May, starting on the 2nd is the ORG&HPS Sale followed later that week by the TBG Plant Sale on May 6th to 9th and also on the May 8th the Horticultural Societies of Parkdale and Toronto has it's Annual Plant Fair.

8 comments:

kilbournegrove said...

Grrr, why are they always on the weekend, when I am up at Kilbourne Grove. Good luck on Sunday.

Barry Parker said...

Thanks Deborah.
I was away this time last year and missed all the Sales, so I'm looking forward to them this year and also volunteering at the ORG&HPS and Parkdale events,
The TBG is mid-week, so you'll be able to make there.

Jan said...

Oh Barry, your sale looks splendid, as does your garden. I'll try and make it.
Jan

Barry Parker said...

Hi Jan,
It would be great to see you this weekend. It looks like the weather won't be too good, but I'll be open rain or shine.

Is the Wiz said...

It's chucking it down here to-day, hope it's better there.

Crafty Gardener said...

I'm one who has been potting up and cutting up venetian blinds ... just this morning in fact. I love going to these sorts of plant sales.

Barry Parker said...

Hi Is,
The weather is not good here either, although no rain so far, even though it was predicted to start at 5.00a.m.
My Open garden is only for 3 hours 2.00 to 5.00 p.m., so not too demanding of time.

Barry Parker said...

Hi Crafty G.,

What would we do without those discarded Venetian blinds?