Tuesday, May 4, 2010

On the Frits.


Fritillaria hermonis amana



Fritillaria acmopetala



Fritillaria pallidiflora


The Fritillaria meleagris are almost finished, but close behind them are the delicately marked F. hermonis amana and the stunning F. montana. But as these flowers fade others take the limelight, F. pallidiflora and F. acmopetala are now at their best and F. davisii is still to come.
This makes for weeks of bloom from this rewarding family of plants with their delicate bell-shaped flowers and each with distinctive chequering and stripes.

4 comments:

kilbournegrove said...

Love, love, love the frits. My meleagris are just starting to flower at Kilbourne Grove, but now I need all the other varities you are showing me. I can see a huge bulb order this fall.
The vase with the ranunculus on your sidebar, gorgeous.

Is the Wiz said...

These are nice but even better is the little arrangement of ranunculus.

Barry Parker said...

Hi Deborah,
Maybe we could get together and put in an order directly to the supplier??

Barry Parker said...

Hi Is,

These are two Ranunculus ficaria that hadn't yet bloomed in time for my post on the species. To be honest I'd forgotten that I had these.
Most things of a certain scale look good in this vase.