Saturday, March 5, 2011

Tecophilaea cyanocrocus

During the winter months I lend a small section of my greenhouse bench to my friend and neighbour Erika, who being a fellow plant geekster, shares an interest in many of the same plants.
The nice thing about this arrangement is that Erika looks after the greenhouse when I'm out of town and when I'm at home I get to enjoy her plants as well as my own.
Currently, I've had the pleasure of watching Erika's Tecophilaea come into bloom and since she has only been able to visit on the weekends, I have been documenting it's progress and sending the images on by email.




10 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful unveiling. Like a dance!

Barry Parker said...

Hi Carol,

I wish I could have captured the intensity of the blue on this flower.

Barry said...

Barry:
Being addicted to the colour blue, this gem has captured my undivided attention. To think the blue is even more intense than your photo is frightening it itself!

Jan said...

The photos are great...indeed like a dance!

Barry Parker said...

Hi Barry,

I may have been exaggerating about the intensity of the blue, but you know how it is, the image always seems to fall short of what you're actually seeing.

Barry Parker said...

Hi Jan,
I can't remember if this had started to bloom when you visited. Anyway glad you like the pictures.

ellieT said...

fantastic colour, can't wait for spring to bring us more vibrance! and so kind of you to let Erika "keep up with her kids" when she can't visit

Barry Parker said...

Hi ElleT,

Glad you enjoyed the Tecophilaea. Neighbours who are also great gardeners are great friends indeed. I'm lucky to have Erika living just a few blocks away.

cheryl said...

Doesn't this give you such hope this time of year. The colours are gorgeous !

Barry Parker said...

Hi Cheryl,
I suppose the act of gardening is largely about hope, but how we feel it in this part of the world at this time of the year.