Wednesday, June 8, 2011

For the Record- Polygonatum

This is a record of the Polygonatum I have in my garden. It's mostly a personal reminder, but I hope it will also be of interest to others. This is almost all the species that I have except for P. hookeri which is only just breaking the surface in my trough for shade plants.

Polygonatum curvistylum.

Polygonatum X hybridum 'Striatum' ( odoratum 'Grace Baker').

Polygonatum falcatum ( Silver striped selection).


Polygonatum biflorum.


Polygonatum multiflorum 'Variegatum'.


Polygonatum 'Betburg'.


Polygonatum humile.


Polygonatum odoratum 'Silver Wings'.

6 comments:

Barry said...

Barry:
You know even before I ask..... where did you find P. Betberg? It is simply to die for! The bruised purple foliage..... I need to find me one!

Barry Parker said...

Glad you asked Barry..

I got it from Phillipe Leveque at the Montreal Botanic spring sale about ten years ago.
Phillipe got it from Beth Chatto.
The P. falcatum ( silver striped) I got from Larry Davidson as a swop for 'Betburg'.
I can probably give you a piece in the Fall if it bulks up enough.

Barry said...

Barry:
I too have the P.f 'Silver Stripe', which I find terribly slow to bulk up. If 'Berberg' does bulk up..... I've sold my soul enough times, but think I have some to spare!

Barry Parker said...

Hi Barry,

The next division of 'Betburg' has your name on it!

Unknown said...

One can also get Polygonatum Betberg at Far Reaches nursery in Port Townsend, WA. They are now doing mail order.

marilyn

Barry Parker said...

Thanks Marilyn, but that's not much help for us canadians unless we are able to get plants over the border. I think since this post was written 'Betburg' is now more available here in this area.