Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Years Day at the JBM

I was in Montreal for the New Year's celebrations and had the opportunity to visit the Montreal Botanic Garden, which turned out to be a good way to start 2012.
The glasshouse displays were terrific, although sadly, thir excellent Begonia collection had not yet been planted out.
Since I'm not terribly knowledgeable about tropical plants, I decided to focus my camera on colour and texture.
This is something of what I saw, please don't ask me to identify any of these plants in any detail.











3 comments:

danger garden said...

We went to Montreal for our honeymoon, in December. It was beautiful but very very cold and snowy (naturally). We decided not to visit the Botanical Garden, your photos have me wishing that we had.

Barry Parker said...

The JBM is well worth a visit next time you get to Montreal. It's easy to get to as it's right on the Metro.
If you plan another trip, let me know and I can suggest some interesting nurseries to visit.

danger garden said...

Will do! I should have also said that our visit was 7 years ago...not just this last December. We talked about how fun it would be to go back in the summer. Maybe we'll make it someday!