Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Lampranthus blandus


Caerulean Skies said...

Beautiful Mesemb! Soft blush pink, very elegant.

Barry Parker said...

Hi Erika,

This is one of those unexpected happenings that make gardening exciting. I had no idea what Lampranthus looked like in bloom ( I just liked the foliage etc) and wasn't even sure that it would bloom in this climate.

lumpboy said...

hi barry!!
erika and i are trying to identify a plant that looks just like the plant BESIDE your lampranthus in the same pot. mine is variegated with fuchsia mesemb-like flowers. any ideas?
let us know,
vincent and erika

Barry Parker said...

Hi Vincent,

Thanks, because while looking for one thing, I found another. The plant you mention is Aptenia cordifolia 'Variagata'.
The plant I was able to identify while I was looking for this is Opuntia microdasys 'Monstrosus' ( bought at a corner store with no label).