Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Leafy Bower and Burgers

Like many of my neighbours, I make frequent trips to our local LCBO ( Ontario's liquor and wine outlet), and in doing this I pass Stampede Bison Grill. This smokey burger joint is the last place I'd expect to see interesting plants, but I'm always surprised to see an intriguing selection of vines that surround the airy terrace that is the seating place of choice for customers in the Summer and Fall.
All Summer I've admired a lovely Clematic 'Pamiat Serdtsa' and now in the cooler autumn months it has been a treat to see other vines growing on the supports of the terrace roof. Notably of these is a lush column of Asarina erubescens and on others there are Ipomea and Thunburgia.

Stampede Bison Grill.


Asarina erubescens.


Clematis 'Pamiat Serdtsa'.


Ipomea and Thunburgia.

2 comments:

Larry said...

Hi... I just discovered your blog this evening when I was searching out info on cypripedium... looks like a great site and I'm looking forward to delving into the archives! Larry

Barry Parker said...

Hi Larry, Thanks for dropping by. I just checked out your blog and enjoyed it too. Nice photography!