Thursday, February 21, 2013

14 Days of Botanical Interest

This is one last look at my winter holiday in Barbados. I had planned to photograph a flower for every day of my two week stay, but since many of my pictures were of leaves and fruit and berries, i've decided to widen the scope and make this 14 days of botanical interest.
All I have to do now is identify everything!

Day 1. Orange Bourgainvillea.

Day 2. Adenium obesum.

Day 3. Ruellia brittoniana.

Day 4. Hibiscus at the Barbados Flower and Garden Show.

Day 5.  Bromeliad flower.

Day 6. Clerodendrum thomsoniae.

Day 7. Sansevieria flower.

Day 8.  Chrysothemis pulchella.

Day 9. Variegated Alocasia.

Day 10. Shell Ginger (Alpinia zerumbet).

Day 11. Petrea volubilis.

Day 12. Lovely variegated Agave ( anyone recognize this variety?).

Day 13. Fallen flower of Cordia sebestena

Day 14. Fallen flower of Frangipani  (Plumeria obtusa).

8 comments:

ecoman said...

Well done!

LauraH said...

So nice of you to share your photos, almost makes me feel like I was there.........almost :-)

danger garden said...

The agave is either Agave 'Joe Hoak' or Agave desmettiana mediopicta 'Quick Silver...it's on my wish list!

Barry Parker said...

Hi Jonas, I was inspired by your recent Facebook postings.

Barry Parker said...

Hi Laura,
Nothing like being there, is there?
maybe we can organize a trip to Richters to brighten up our Northern winter days?

Barry Parker said...

Hi Loree,

I thought it might be you who could answer my question. Thanks.
Barbados has a rich gardening tradition, I wish I'd taken pictures of the Cactus and Succulent section, it was excellent. Great looking Agaves

Caerulean Skies said...

Such an array of colours! Let's have a fiesta! The red flowers against the chocolate foliage is an Episcia cultivar.

Barry Parker said...

Hi Erika,
I wondered about that. It looked a bit deferent from the species I've seen.