Thursday, February 7, 2013

Barbados

I've just returned from Barbados where I was able to meet up with Toronto area garden bloggers David Leeman and Deborah Mills, and together with hatmaker/ gardener John Therrien, we spent the day visiting Andromeda Gardens on the rocky, wind-swept east coast of the island.

David, Deborah and John meet for coffee before heading to the east coast .

The main reason for our trip was to visit Andromeda Gardens.

The striking structure of Frangipani trees is revealed when they are dormant.

4 comments:

LauraH said...

Wow, love to see that beautiful tropical foliage, nice pick me up in the midst of this lousy weather.

Barry Parker said...

Hi Laura,
Glad you liked these. I have lots more in future posts.

Paul Jung said...

Welcome back, Barry.

I didn't know trees experience dormancy in warmer climates, nice and unusual structure.

Your pictures are a nice tonic to the beautiful weather we're having now in southern ON, lol...

Barry Parker said...

Hi Paul,
I think in the tropics some trees go dormant in dry or hot seasons. I'm not sure if this is the case with Frangipani, some had leaves, some were in bloom.
Glad you like the pics ( I may have gone a bit overboard on the colour scheme in the overall design), I have a lot more, so look out for future posts.